FAQ / GQNA-STARTUP OR SMALL BUSINESS
(FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS / GOOD QUESTIONS NOT ASKED)
- FORMATION: What are my risks if I do not form a corporation or an LLC?
- COSTS: What are the costs required to form a new company?
- ADVANCE PLANNING: What do I need to know before I leave my job?
- RIGHTS: Can I use software I developed for my former employer?
- REPRESENTATION: When should I consult with a corporate lawyer?
- CORPORATE: We have two shareholders. Each has 50% equity. Should I be concerned?
- TECHNOLOGY: We use consultants. How can we protect company technology?
- NONDISCLOSURE: Are my vendors’ or customers’ non-disclosure agreements negotiable?
- INVESTORS: Am I at risk for more than my investment? What agreements do I need?
- EMPLOYMENT: Is our new employee’s former non-compete agreement enforceable?
- CONTRACTS: Are our business contracts effective--what are our risks?
- TRADEMARKS: Is my trademark protected? Can another company use my brand?
No legal Advice Intended. This FAQ / GQNA is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered as legal advice. The information may not reflect the most current legal developments or set of facts or circumstances. You should contact a lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction for advice on specific legal issues.